Easy living, perfected!
storage under bed (designed for clear storage tubs)
Induction cook-top, toaster oven, butcher-block, fridge/freezer, 6 gallons of water, flex workspace
6 large storage bins now underneath, built-in customizable storage, bathroom to left
This house is ideally setup to function as any number of things:
- private home office
- art / yoga studio
- that private in-law studio where you don’t want anyone to be “too comfortable”
- bathroom can be finished or removed (if you want more open space)
- the footprint is right at 120 square feet, so you could remove the axle, drop it in the backyard as a “shed” and be 100% totally legit (also legit if you don’t like looking at tires/wheels, or want a step up…I can also help you add a removable deck if you’d like. 😉
- 2×4 framing, 2×6 floor with 3/4″ sub-floor, in-floor radiant heating tubes with reflectix insulation under to help kick heat up
- R-13 Owens Corning foam XPS closed-cell, moisture-resistant rigid foam board insulation throughout (floor, walls + ceiling)
- all walls, structural + roof all screwed (no nails except flooring install) for best possible strength + structural integrity
- metal roof with 50-year warranty, secured with hurricane straps
- 2″ ball, whole tiny house weighs in ~3300 pounds empty, tows really easily behind a full-sized pickup!
- hand-scraped engineered hardwood flooring
- 4′ hardwood butcher-block counter top (removable)
- 300W Renogy Solar Panels
- 2000W Renogy PURE-SINE inverter with 4000W sustained peak output, 300AH of Renogy AGM deep-cycle batteries (all purchased new with warranty)
Questions? Let me know what you’re thinking about! 🙂 Feel free to call or text, 5o3-7o5-6875
Want to see more construction photos? Send me an email, or just call or text me.
In town or nearby? Let me know and come by for a visit!
Are you out of town? Drop me a line, I’m happy to setup a time to do a face-time / zoom / skype tour so you can look, ask questions etc.
Questions? Just ask, I have the build process fully documented and I towed “Whidbey” (the name I gave her) 600 mi so I know she’s road-worthy. She weigh in at 3200 pounds so you don’t need a huge truck to tow.
PS if you need land to rent, I may know someone who has some acreage here on the river (relatively cheap, at least the price that was quoted for me 😉